Pella Corporation to Acquire Grabill Inc.
- Grabill traditional and contemporary Sapele windows and doorsModern urban home nestled in the heart of Chicago, IL. Photo Credit: Eric Hausman
- Grabill Contemporary Windows and DoorsPrivate residence in Aspen, CO featuring contemporary full lite, fixed in frame, large expanse windows commonly mulled with awning & casements. Photo Credit: Todd Patrick Photography.
- Grabill Bronze-Clad Walnut Bifold Doors
- Grabill Windows and DoorsPella acquired Grabill Windows and Doors in 2015.
- Grabill Luxury Aluminum Clad Lift and Slide DoorsThese aluminum clad lift and slide doors offer an uninterrupted view of the snowy landscape.
Legacy of similar values and strengths leads to deal
Today, Pella Corporation, a leading manufacturer and designer of windows and doors for homes and commercial buildings announced it is acquiring Grabill Inc., a premier designer and manufacturer of custom luxury windows and doors for elite properties. Grabill will become Grabill Windows & Doors, Inc.
“This is an extraordinary opportunity for the legacy that each of these great companies has built,” said Greg Grabill, founder, and president of Grabill Inc.
“Grabill and Pella have so many values in common, including product innovation, quality, and culture, it just makes sense for Grabill to join the Pella Corp family,” added Pat Meyer, president, and CEO of Pella Corp.
Taking effect May 1, 2015, Grabill Windows & Doors will remain under the leadership of the above mentioned Greg Grabill and Teresa Grabill, chief financial officer. It will maintain its brand and continue to focus on the luxury marketplace.
The 40 employees at Grabill’s manufacturing facility in Almont, Michigan, about 45 miles north of Detroit, will join the more than 6,500 Pella team members that produce windows and doors throughout the United States.
The terms of the sale will not be disclosed as Pella and Grabill Inc. are both privately-held companies.
Pella Corporation doesn’t just create windows and doors, we innovate with purpose, design with passion, build with integrity, and deliver with pride. From testing beyond industry requirements to continuous innovation, Pella goes beyond what meets the eye. Pella’s goal is to perfect every detail and make beautifully designed windows and doors. The company is headquartered in Pella, Iowa and employs more than 6,000 people with 13 manufacturing locations and more than 200 showrooms across the country.