Pella Corporation offers personalized design solutions for architects and designers at new space in LuxeHome
New showroom at Chicago’s Merchandise Mart opens and highlights expanded capabilities
Pella Corporation, a leading manufacturer, and designer of windows, doors, blinds, and shades for homes and commercial buildings, celebrates the opening of Pella Crafted Luxury, a 7,000-square-foot permanent showroom in LuxeHome® at Chicago’s Merchandise Mart, the world’s largest collection of premier boutiques for home building and renovation. Pella Crafted Luxury is located on the first floor of the Merchandise Mart in Suite 100.
“Our expanding capabilities, craftsmanship, and brand are now on display for designers and architects to engage within a stunning, inspirational setting,” said Annette Bravard, Pella’s vice president of sales and marketing. “It’s a place for us to provide a unique customer experience focused on solving design challenges in imaginative ways and celebrating individual style. Pella and the solutions we offer are evolving, and Pella Crafted Luxury is part of this change.”
Driven by hands-on, personalized service, experienced consultants and exceptional products, the showroom provides architects, designers, builders, and homeowners with a luxurious shopping experience and a go-to destination for imagining windows and doors in the most exclusive residences.
Pella Crafted Luxury is the convergence of Pella Corporation and the recently acquired Grabill Windows & Doors, Inc. Together, the companies deliver more than 100 years of expertise and product innovation.
“Pella and Grabill have many values in common, perhaps most importantly our commitment to product innovation and quality,” said Greg Grabill, founder, and president of Grabill Windows & Doors. “We’re thrilled to bring those pillars and our product offering to this beautiful space and work with area architects and homeowners to create stunning homes.”
Designed by renowned Chicago-based residential architects Stuart Cohen and Julie Hacker, the Pella Crafted Luxury showroom is equal parts art gallery and retail space — created to inspire and inform and provide a personalized shopping experience for the most discerning homeowners, architects, designers and home builders.
“We were inspired by the idea of a gallery for displaying art — which in this case consists of windows and doors,” said Hacker. “The idea of windows providing views, both real and conceptual, into other places, served to drive the visual experience.”
The thoughtfully designed showroom features six vignettes that allow guests to interact with the products, making it easy for them to imagine the windows and doors in their own home. Furnished and styled by popular Chicago interior designers such as Handman Associates, Stephanie Wohlner Design and Morgante Wilson, the vignettes spotlight historical, modern, traditional, urban loft and contemporary design.
A team of in-house architects, engineers, designers, product specialists and on-call installation experts are available to guide guests through the space and support their projects every step of the way.
“By providing guests with a customized experience, combined with the assistance of our experienced consultants, our showroom allows them to select the products they desire for a home, made exclusively for them,” said Whitney Klinkenborg, showroom manager for Pella Crafted Luxury.
To learn more about Pella Crafted Luxury and view showroom events, visit pellacraftedluxury.com.
- Showroom Floor PlanResidential architects Stuart Cohen and Julie Hacker
- Opening Wall at Pella Crafted LuxuryOpening wall designed by residential architects Stuart Cohen and Julie Hacker
- Contemporary Design at Pella Crafted LuxuryDesigned by Shelly Handman, Handman Associates, this contemporary space features a Sapele Mahogany pivot door and sidelight with anodized aluminum exterior paired with a composite of fixed and vented awning windows
- Entrance to Pella Crafted Luxury ShowroomEntrance designed by residential architects Stuart Cohen and Julie Hacker
- Historical design at Pella Crafted LuxuryHistorical exhibit designed by Stephanie Wohlner, Stephanie Wohlner Design includes a Gothic-inspired entry-door by Grabill displayed with Pella Architect Series sidelights
- Traditional Design at Pella Crafted LuxuryTraditional Space designed by Stephanie Wohlner, Stephanie Wohlner Design and features Architect Series Palladian composite.
- Modern Design at Pella Crafted LuxuryModern space was designed by Shelly Handman, Handman Associates and includes a Grabill entry door and sidelights with aluminum clad.
- Urban Loft design at Pella Crafted LuxuryDesigned by Elissa Morgante and Fred Wilson, Morgante Wilson Architects, this urban loft space features Grabill-Detroit Steel windows and doors with black aluminum clad exteriors