Pella® featured in VISION House® in INNOVENTIONS at Epcot®
Experience fun, sustainable state-of-the-art home at new exhibit
Release date:Apr 19, 2012
Printed from: http://pressroom.pella.com//news_releases/products_services/422/pella-featured-in-vision-house-in-innoventions-at-epcot
PELLA, Iowa — April 19, 2012 — Smart phone-powered window shades, electric vehicle charging stations, smog-eating roof tiles — the home of the future is here. Vacationers can experience fun and state-of-the-art sustainable home technology at the new VISION House® exhibit in INNOVENTIONS at Epcot® at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
The VISION House® in INNOVENTIONS presented by Green Builder® Media includes an innovative new product from Pella Windows and Doors. Pella SmartSync™ technology will operate energy-efficient Pella Designer Series® windows to create the ability to remotely raise and lower window shades or blinds to help conserve energy using a smart phone or home automation system. The exhibit showcases how Pella SmartSync technology can be powered through an intelligent home automation system.
“As an industry leader dedicated to innovation and energy savings, Pella is excited to be part of this new exhibit that creates a fun, engaging experience to teach people how to make sustainable, energy-efficient choices in their own homes,” said Polly Tousey, Pella strategic programs manager.
Opening Earth Day
Opening April 22 in honor of Earth Day, the VISION House® in INNOVENTIONS at Epcot® — an experiential exhibit created by Walt Disney Imagineering in collaboration with Green Builder Media — highlights major themes of green building, including whole-home automation; energy generation and efficiency; water conservation, indoor environment quality; plus high-performance materials and durability.
Throughout the exhibit, children and adults are encouraged to consider how they can reduce their personal impact on the planet, and changes they can implement in their own homes to help make them more sustainable, healthier, and more durable, Tousey said.
Why Pella Designer Series windows?
From their energy-efficient design to stylish options, Pella Designer Series windows and patio doors are a smart choice for homes and businesses. Benefits include:
- Home automation – Designer Series windows with the new Pella SmartSync technology can control optional snap-in shades or blinds with a smart home automation system. Pella SmartSync technology — available for the emerging smart home market later in 2012 — is designed to quickly and conveniently adjust blinds or shades like those in Pella windows to control light, privacy and help save energy in a home or business.
- Energy-efficient – With their wood construction and superior insulating qualities, Pella Designer Series windows with triple-pane glass are up to 74 percent more energy-efficient.1
- Improved indoor air quality – Optional between-the-glass blinds or shades help prevent and reduce certain indoor airborne allergens from accumulating on the surface area of blinds or shades. Windows with ordinary roomside blinds accumulate 200 times more of certain airborne allergens than Designer Series products with between-the-glass blinds.2
- Safer design – Between-the-glass blinds and shades are a popular choice for multi-generational homes because blinds and shades are protected from dust and damage, requiring less maintenance and cleaning. They’re also safer for homes with children and pets, with no potentially hazardous roomside cords.
- Good for the environment – The water-based Pella factory finish for Designer Series windows means fewer chemicals are used in the process, contrasted with solvent-based finishes that may be applied on the job site.
VISION House® in INNOVENTIONS
Inspired by Green Builder Media’s VISION House demonstration home series, the INNOVENTIONS exhibit teaches visitors that each house is a set of interactive systems and proper management of those systems can help maximize comfort and minimize operational costs.
It’s a green world
In addition to Pella Designer Series wood windows with SmartSync technology, the home will include these advanced products and technologies:
- High efficiency heating and cooling systems and controls and innovative whole-home automation system and door hardware by Ingersoll Rand
- Electronic vehicle charging station by SIEMENS
- Chevy Volt electric vehicle by GM
- Photovoltaic solar panels from Hanwha Solar
- Durable and environmentally friendly exterior systems, including smog-eating tile roofs, cultured stone, bricks, permeable pavers, and trim by Boral
- Ventilation solutions by Panasonic
- Energy efficient windows and doors from Pella
- High performance appliance glass products by Schott
- Fire sprinkler information from the National Fire Protection Association
- Sustainable hardwood flooring and cabinets from Armstrong World Industries
- Water-conserving fixtures, faucets, showerheads, and home standby generators by KOHLER
- ENERGY STAR certified home appliances by Bosch
- LED lighting solutions by SYLVANIA
1Calculated based on U-Factors for a Pella Designer Series Advanced Low-E triple-pane wood window compared to a single-pane wood window in winter conditions.
2Based on data from research conducted by the Department of Occupational and Environmental Health at the University of Iowa.
Pella Corporation is a leader in designing, testing, manufacturing and installing quality windows and doors for new construction, remodeling and replacement applications.
As a family-owned and professionally managed privately-held company, Pella is known for its 87-year history of making innovative products, providing quality service and delivering on customer satisfaction. Headquartered in Pella, Iowa, the company is committed to incorporating new technologies, increasing productivity and practicing environmental stewardship to create satisfied customers.
Pella manufactures quality windows, patio doors and entry door systems sold through a Direct Sales Network operating Pella Window & Door Showrooms across the United States and Canada and select building materials retailers. For more information, call 888-847-3552 or visit pella.com. Follow Pella on Twitter.com @Pella_News, on Facebook at facebook.com/pellawindowsanddoors and on YouTube at youtube.com/pellawindowsanddoors.
About VISION House® in Innoventions
The VISION House® in INNOVENTIONS at Epcot® is a groundbreaking green show home exhibit presented by Green Builder Media in collaboration with Walt Disney Imagineering. This experiential exhibit in the heart of Epcot® highlights the very best in green residential design and sustainable living. Visitors should leave with a greater understanding of green design, technology, and products as well as a host of sustainable living ideas that they can incorporate in their lives the minute they get home from vacation.
About INNOVENTIONS at Epcot®
INNOVENTIONS is located in the heart of Epcot® at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. Creativity and imagination abound as guests celebrate inspiration and innovations that improve their lives and expand their horizons. Hands-on, interactive exhibits allow children and adults to be immersed into ideas that inform, entertain and inspire. For more information, visit www.innoventions.disney.com.