Pella® redesigns, enhances Architect Series® product line
Now offers more historical detail, improved energy efficiency
Release date:May 11, 2011
Printed from: http://pressroom.pella.com//news_releases/products_services/392/pella-redesigns-enhances-architect-series-product-line
PELLA, IOWA — May 11, 2011 — Pella Corporation announces an array of new product choices for 2011 at the American Institute of Architects (AIA) National Convention and Design Expo in New Orleans. Pella representatives will demonstrate specific attributes of window and door products with new enhancements or redesign for greater performance in commercial projects.
"We are very pleased to announce updates to our hallmark product line,” said Pella Commercial Marketing Manager Terry Zeimetz, AIA, CSI, CCPR. “The improvements focused specifically on our Architect Series wood, aluminum-clad wood and replacement windows along with our specialty products enhance and refine a product offering that is widely popular among architects.”
More historic look for Architect Series double-hung windows
New to the Pella 2011 offering is the redesigned Architect Series wood and aluminum-clad wood double-hung window featuring a historically correct appearance – including wood jambs – plus enhanced performance and easier operation. Additional new features include:
- More historic sightlines and detailing
- Improved energy efficiency with total unit U-factors as low as 0.25
- Improved sash tilt, making interior glass washing easier
- Reduced operating force
- Greater installation ease
Precision Fit® casement window options for replacement
This new product offering from Pella helps create a better view, and offers quick installation and less mess for contractors or architects looking to complete a window replacement project.
Pella's Architect Series Precision Fit aluminum-clad wood casement, replacement windows slide into existing window openings helping retain surrounding interior trim, wallpaper, paint or plaster. Existing sashes are removed from the existing window to create a pocket that a fully factory-assembled replacement window can fit neatly into. Precision Fit products are designed for applications where the exterior frame of the window remains in good condition, but an upgraded sash unit is desired to increase energy efficiency, reduce maintenance, lower operating forces, and improve aesthetics. Complementary Precision Fit awning and transom windows are also available.
Specialty product offering expands
The Pella Architect Series product line now offers seven additional window types featuring unique beauty and operation styles commonly found in extraordinary buildings around the world.
- Tilt-Turn – offer European styling and dual functionality. The window sash can be swung open into the room for a clear view and a full breeze, or titled in to vent from the top
- Hopper – similar to awning windows, except they vent at the top and open into the room instead of out
- French casement – have two operable sashes that open outward using fold-away crank handles. The astragal is attached to one of the sashes so there is no center post to obstruct the view when both sashes are open.
- Push out casement – opens with the turn of a handle and gentle push
- Push out French casement – has two operable sashes that open outward. Lever handles are used to open the sashes and historical stay bars are included at the sill to hold the sashes open
- In-swing casement – opens inward like a door for ventilation, ideal for locations where a swing-out sash doesn’t meet the needs of the project
- In-swing French casement – has two operable sashes that open inward for ventilation
These windows are available with many of the design options exclusive to the Architect Series line, including Mahogany, Alder, Douglas Fir and Pine woods; virtually unlimited exterior cladding colors and grille patterns; wood exteriors; and more.
Pella Corporation is a leader in designing, testing, manufacturing and installing quality windows and doors for new construction and renovation projects.
As a family-owned and professionally managed privately held company, Pella is known for its 88-year history of making innovative products, providing quality service and delivering on customer satisfaction. Headquartered in Pella, Iowa, the company is committed to incorporating new technologies, increasing productivity and practicing environmental stewardship to create satisfied customers.
Pella manufactures quality windows, patio doors and entry door systems sold through a Direct Sales Network operating Pella® Window & Door Showrooms across the United States and Canada. Follow Pella on Twitter.com @Pella_News.For more information visit www.pellacommercial.com.
Editor’s note: For hi-resolution images and an electronic version of this news release, visit pressroom.pella.com