Entry systems 101: The detail is in the doors
As an industry leader, Pella proudly produces quality windows and doors to meet customer needs,. For a deeper look at the dynamics of doors, here’s a quick download of the features found at Pella.
Features of wood entry doors
- Entry doors hail from four collections: Traditional, Craftsman, Classic and Old World European
- Available in Rustic Walnut, Mahogany, Demesne Cherry and American White Oak
- A variety of decorative glass options available to provide a distinctive look
- True divided light with beveled glass options provide a classic look
- Pella wood entry doors are prehung for maximum ease in installation
- Available with choice of sill finishes, including Aluminum Mill, Anodized Brass and Anodized Bronze finishes, to match varied décor and finish preferences in today’s homes and businesses
- Standard ball bearing door hinge options include black, bright brass, oil-rubbed bronze and satin chrome finishes, to match varied finish preferences in today’s home and commercial settings
- Feature adjustable thresholds, foam compression weather-stripping, bottom sweep, and ball-bearing hinges
- Available with single or double-bore hardware prep, or with a factory-installed multi-point lock for added security and performance
- Where available, Pella strives to use wood from certified suppliers, supporting responsible forestry management practices
- For best results and maximum life, wood requires regular maintenance to maintain its natural beauty
Features of fiberglass and premium steel doors
- Factory-assembled and pre-hung for quality assurance and easy installation
- Pella entry doors with an aluminum-clad frame come standard with the exclusive Pella AdvantagePlus™ Protection System* that combines three key components:
- Pella entry doors are protected by an aluminum-clad exterior frame that is virtually maintenance free. It doesn’t need painting and it won’t flake, crack or peel.
- The AdvantagePlus system features a tough snap-in aluminum exterior brick mould trim that extends the maintenance-free benefits to the area around the door.
- AdvantagePlus features a patented rot-resistant design.
- For added convenience, opt for factory prefinishing
- For added style, choose from a variety of glass options including Pella’s exclusive decorative glass collections and Low-E with argon-insulating glass**
- EnduraClad® aluminum clad exterior frame available in 10 colors: White, Brown, Tan, Hartford Green, Poplar White, Putty, Brick Red, Black, Morning Sky Gray and Hemlock; primed wood frame also available
- Aluminum-clad exterior one-piece fin/frame design allows for easy installation and reliable performance
- Fiberglass entry doors are able to withstand dents and dings
- Hinges and hardware available in a variety of finishes, including standard brass-tone zinc dichromate, polished brass, antique brass, antique nickel, polished chrome satin nickel and stainless steel (outswing doors only) to match varied finish preferences in today’s home and commercial settings
- Complete offering includes matching sidelights and transoms
- Flexible compression foam weather-stripping system helps prevent air and water infiltration
- Energy-efficient core in the door panel provides outstanding comfort and stability
- Threshold has adjustment capabilities to counteract house settling and help ensure consistent performance and operation throughout the life of the door
- Transoms and other Pella products can be easily attached with mullion kits
- Glazing frames are composed of an engineered material for lasting good looks and durability
- Wood-grain detail with self-aligning screw covers
- Six in-swing wall depths, one out-swing wall depth and one low-profile wall depth available
Decorative glass options
- Each decorative glass collection features a unique combination of glass style, texture and caming (the decorative metal used to assemble glass pieces into a design)
- Variety of decorative glass options to let the sun shine through and to add architectural elegance to any home style
- Exclusive decorative glass designs are sandwiched inside a sealed insulating glass unit to deliver elegance, and energy efficiency
- Textured glass permits light to pass through, yet also allows privacy
- In clear glass, Pella offers a wide selection of entry doors, sidelights and transoms made with standard insulating glass or Low-E with argon-insulating glass**
For a classic style, choose from a variety of permanent or removable grille options and standard grille patterns for the traditional look of divided light. Custom patterns are also available.
From light to dark — from black to copper to satin nickel options — Pella offers a variety of caming materials to add decorative detail to doors.
* AdvantagePlus protection system is optional.
**High-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon gas