Entry doors 101: Selecting the right door for your home
As an industry leader, Pella proudly produces quality windows and doors to meet customer needs,. For a deeper look at the dynamics of doors, here’s a quick download of the features found at Pella.
- Pella entry doors are available in four stylish collections: Traditional, Craftsman, Classic and Old World European
- Available in Rustic Walnut, Mahogany, Demesne Cherry and American White Oak
- A variety of decorative glass options available to provide a distinctive look
- True divided light with beveled glass options provide a classic look
- Pella wood entry doors are prehung for maximum ease in installation
- Available with choice of sill finishes, including Aluminum Mill, Anodized Brass and Anodized Bronze finishes, to match varied décor and finish preferences in today’s homes and businesses
- Standard ball bearing door hinge options include black, bright brass, oil-rubbed bronze and satin chrome finishes, to match varied finish preferences in today’s home and commercial settings
- Feature adjustable thresholds, foam compression weather-stripping, bottom sweep, and ball-bearing hinges
- Available with single or double-bore hardware prep, or with a factory-installed multi-point lock for added security and performance
- Where available, Pella strives to use wood from certified suppliers, supporting responsible forestry management practices
- For best results and maximum life, wood requires regular maintenance to maintain its natural beauty
- Factory-assembled and pre-hung for quality assurance and easy installation
- Pella entry doors with an aluminum-clad frame come standard with the exclusive Pella AdvantagePlus™ Protection System* that combines three key components:
- Pella entry doors are protected by an aluminum-clad exterior frame that is virtually maintenance free. It doesn’t need painting and it won’t flake, crack or peel.
- The AdvantagePlus system features a tough snap-in aluminum exterior brick mould trim that extends the maintenance-free benefits to the area around the door.
- AdvantagePlus features a patented rot-resistant design.
- For added convenience, opt for factory prefinishing
- For added style, choose from a variety of glass options including Pella’s exclusive decorative glass collections and Low-E with argon-insulating glass**
- EnduraClad® aluminum clad exterior frame available in 10 colors: White, Brown, Tan, Hartford Green, Poplar White, Putty, Brick Red, Black, Morning Sky Gray and Hemlock; primed wood frame also available
- Aluminum-clad exterior one-piece fin/frame design allows for easy installation and reliable performance
- Fiberglass entry doors are able to withstand dents and dings
- Hinges and hardware available in a variety of finishes, including standard brass-tone zinc dichromate, polished brass, antique brass, antique nickel, polished chrome satin nickel and stainless steel (outswing doors only) to match varied finish preferences in today’s home and commercial settings
- Complete offering includes matching sidelights and transoms
- Flexible compression foam weather-stripping system helps prevent air and water infiltration
- Energy-efficient core in the door panel provides outstanding comfort and stability
- Threshold has adjustment capabilities to counteract house settling and help ensure consistent performance and operation throughout the life of the door
- Transoms and other Pella products can be easily attached with mullion kits
- Glazing frames are composed of an engineered material for lasting good looks and durability
- Wood-grain detail with self-aligning screw covers
- Six in-swing wall depths, one out-swing wall depth and one low-profile wall depth available
Entry door glass options
- Each decorative glass collection features a unique combination of glass style, texture and caming (the decorative metal used to assemble glass pieces into a design)
- Variety of decorative glass options to let the sun shine through and to add architectural elegance to any home style
- Exclusive decorative glass designs are sandwiched inside a sealed insulating glass unit to deliver elegance, and energy efficiency
- Textured glass permits light to pass through, yet also allows privacy
- In clear glass, Pella offers a wide selection of entry doors, sidelights and transoms made with standard insulating glass or Low-E with argon-insulating glass**
- For a classic style, choose from a variety of permanent or removable grille options and standard grille patterns for the traditional look of divided light. Custom patterns are also available.
- From light to dark — from black to copper to satin nickel options — Pella offers a variety of caming materials to add decorative detail to doors.
- A transom is a fixed window aove an entry door for extra light and view. Transoms with matching deocrative glass or grilles are available on Pella entry doors.
- A sidelight is a fixed window placed next to an entry door for extra light and view. Matching sidelights with decorative glass or grilles are availble on Pella entry doors.
- Authentic decorative hardware options, like clavos or hinge straps, allow you to create an Old-World style entry door.
- A small "door within a door" adds historic charm and style, while allowing you to identify visitors before opening the door. Available with or without grilles on Pella Architect Series entry doors.
For more information about Pella entry doors, visit www.pella.com/news.
* AdvantagePlus protection system is optional.
**High-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon gas