Pella® window screens: Combine technology and innovation
Pella set the standard of screen technology and innovation starting in 1925, when it began as the Rolscreen Company, manufacturing screens that roll up and down like a shade. Pella continues to lead the industry in quality screen innovations.
Pella Vivid View® screen
- Exclusively available from Pella, the Vivid View screen features a high-transparency screen fabric
- The virtually invisible screen allows for better views from the interior and is remarkably less noticeable from the exterior of the home or business, greatly enhancing curb appeal
- Available on current Pella Architect Series®, Designer Series® and ProLine® casement and double-hung windows.
- Adaptable to retro-fit Pella Architect Series and Designer Series windows from 1995 to current models by contacting a Pella® Window & Door Showroom. Also adaptable to ProLine double-hung units from 1997 to current models, and casement and awning units from 2000.
- Great virtually “invisible” choice for builders wanting to specify screens on the front elevation of new homes when housing development covenants may discourage the use of standard screens
- Vivid View screens feature Gore™ Transparent Screen Fabric, a proprietary material developed by W.L. Gore and Associates, Inc.
- Gore is a leader in developing advanced technology products for the electronics, industrial, fabrics and medical markets
- The company is best known for consumer products like GORE-TEX® fabric and ELIXIR® guitar strings
Pella’s exclusive Rolscreen®
- Our signature product, the Rolscreen, was the first of many Pella innovative solutions
- Updated in its design and still popular today, the patented Rolscreen insect screen rolls up like a shade on windows and storm doors and sideways on sliding patio doors to truly integrate with the design, rather than detract from it
- The Rolscreen rolls out of sight when not in use, allowing more light than a standard size casement window covered by a traditional flat screen
- Eliminates the need for seasonal screen storage and provides the convenience of a year-round screen with unobstructed views
- The Rolscreen is enhanced with an optional all-wood interior that integrates naturally with window finishes and provides the convenience of a self-storing screen
- Available on Pella Architect Series and Designer Series casement windows; Rolscreen technology also applied to Pella patio doors and storm doors
- Pella’s exclusive Rolscreen features flexible fiberglass screen cloth for years of satisfaction.
Flat insect screens
- Standard option on most Pella windows and doors
- Rust-free, fiberglass screen
- Easy to snap in place and remove if desired for seasonal storage; or leave in place for use throughout the year
- Available in full or half sizes on double-hung windows; full screen swings out to make cleaning easy
- Insect screens are designed to provide ventilation while keeping insects out; they are not designed to, nor will they prevent, a child’s fall from a window
- Open the top sash of a double-hung window to allow ventilation and provide greater safety in homes with children or pets
- For safety’s sake, always monitor small children and pets around an open window. Keep play away from open windows, doors and balconies.
- Do not allow children to open or push on a screen
- Make sure screens are in working order and easily removable as a means of quick and easy exit in the event of fire
- In homes occupied by young children, do not place furniture or other items in front of a window, which could create a climbing or falling hazard
- Repair or replace torn screens and damaged weather stripping for maximum performance
- Contact your nearest Pella® Window & Door Showroom for Pella screen repair or replacement.