Entry systems 101: Understanding entry door and storm door options
Pella offers three lines of low-maintenance fiberglass and steel entry doors with virtually endless style choices and superior weather resistance.
- Features 24-gauge steel, already primed and ready to paint
- Combines style with performance
- Naturally strong and durable, resists dents and dings
- Available in a variety of highly-detailed, embossed panels and decorative glass pattern options
- Smooth-grain fiberglass entry doors
- Variety of panel definitions that match Pella’s traditional wood-grain fiberglass and premium steel entry doors, so matching exterior doors in all areas of your home is a snap
- Maintains the traditional joinery appearance of wood doors, but with a finer grain finish reminiscent of historical painted wood doors
- Traditional fiberglass combines the best of both worlds — the warm, rich look of authentic oak, mahogany or fir wood with the low-maintenance benefits and outstanding performance of fiberglass composite material
- Finely detailed wood-grain surface readily accepts stain or paint
- Clear wood door edge completes the authentic look of a wood door
- Both smooth-grain and wood-grain fiberglass doors resist dents and corrosion for years of beauty and durability
- Both available in a variety of highly-detailed, embossed panels and decorative glass pattern option combinations
- Fiberglass doors available with simulated divided light grille patterns—looks like individual panes of glass
- A multi-point lock is optional on fiberglass entry doors—secures door at three points for added security
- Factory-assembled and pre-hung for quality assurance and easy installation
- Pella entry doors with an aluminum clad frame come standard with the exclusive Pella AdvantagePlus™ Protection System* that combines three key components.
- First, Pella entry doors are protected by an aluminum clad exterior frame that is virtually maintenance free. It doesn’t need painting and it won’t flake, crack or peel.
- Next, the AdvantagePlus system has a tough snap-in aluminum exterior brick mould trim that extends the maintenance-free benefits to the area around the door.
- Finally, AdvantagePlus features a patented rot-resistant design.
- Panels ready to paint or stain, or factory prefinishing is available.
- Variety of glass options including Low-E insulating glass with argon** and Pella’s exclusive decorative glass collections
- EnduraClad® aluminum clad exterior frame available in ten colors: White, Brown, Tan, Hartford Green, Poplar White, Putty, Brick Red, Black, Morning Sky Gray and Hemlock; primed wood frame also available
- Aluminum clad exterior one-piece fin/frame design allows for easy installation and reliable performance
- Hinges and hardware available in a variety of finishes, including standard brass-tone zinc dichromate, polished brass, antique brass, antique nickel, polished chrome satin nickel and stainless steel (outswing doors only.)
- Complete offering includes matching sidelights and transoms
- Mechanically fastened and sealed frame corners for improved structural performance
- Nylon frame corner locks to keep clad systems square and sturdy
- Flexible compression foam weatherstripping system helps prevent air and water infiltration
- Energy-efficient and environmentally-safe core (CFC- and HCFC-free) in the door panel provides outstanding comfort and stability
- Threshold has adjustment capabilities to counteract house settling and ensure consistent performance and operation throughout the life of the door
- Transoms and other Pella products can be easily attached with mullion kits
- Glazing frames are composed of an engineered material for lasting good looks and durability
- Wood-grain detail with self-aligning screw covers
- Primed and ready to accept paint or stain
- Six in-swing wall depths, one out-swing wall depth and one low-profile wall depth available
Decorative glass collection
- Variety of decorative glass options to let the sun shine through brilliantly and add architectural elegance to any home style
- Each glass design is hand-crafted and sandwiched inside a sealed insulating glass unit to deliver elegance, as well as meet energy efficiency guidelines in all 50 states.
- Textured glass permits light to pass through, but also allows privacy
- Each decorative glass collection features a unique combination of glass style, texture and caming (the decorative metal used to assemble glass pieces into a design)
- In clear glass, Pella offers a wide selection of entry doors, sidelights and transoms made with standard insulating glass or Low-E insulating glass with argon**
- For a classic style, choose simulated divided light, permanently attached grilles—the look of individual panes of glass, add removable interior wood grilles or select aluminum (permanently installed) grilles-between-the-glass
Styles and combinations
- Each door goes with each sidelight or transom — virtually thousands of combinations to create a distinctive entrance
- Twenty six entry door styles including full-light views, solid-panel designs, full ovals and our newest Craftsman and Rustic styles.
- Four sidelight styles and four transom styles
- Styles available as in-swing, out-swing or double doors
- The patented Pella® Rolscreen® retractable insect screen is there when you need it and out of sight when you don't; glass panels glide up, down or stay in any position with single-hand operation
- Flexible design features interchangeable full glass panels that can be switched for a full screen (screen comes with doors) with vinyl locking strips that hold the glass or screen in place, and snap in and out for easy
- Self-storing style in which the glass panels and screen stay in the door together year-round
- Fullview features full-length glass, allowing the maximum amount of light into the entryway, as well as the ability to showcase a unique entry door; available in clear glass, decorative glass, or personalized Select Expressions™ stained glass, with an interchangeable screen allowing the ability to switch from glass to full screen to bring in the breeze
- Midview combines the increased durability and privacy of an expanded bottom panel while providing excellent light
- Highview frames offer the greatest amount of privacy and screen protection, perfect for high-traffic entryways
Standard frame features
- Interchangeable glass is fully tempered for safety
- Keyed deadbolt for added security on most models
- Two color-matched door closers for smooth opening and closing
- Concealed exterior installation screws for clean look
- Heavy-duty hinges for trouble-free operation
- Lifetime Storm Door Protection Plan
- Extruded construction doors feature contemporary frames with reinforced corners to keep the door square and the frame tight
- Solid core doors feature an aluminum skin permanently bonded to the core, a low-maintenance surface with a heavier feel suitable for high-traffic entryways
- Pella interchangeable fullviews feature Express Install™, an exclusive installation method that cuts installation time in half. Preassembled parts and factory drilled holes make it easy, and the installation requires no cutting. A typical homeowner installation can now be done in as little as 60 minutes.
* AdvantagePlus protection system is optional.
**High-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon.